Saturday, March 24, 2012

*blows dust off blog*

Hey there, remember me?

It's been a while since I've made a post on here, I've been busy as usual, so here's a bit of what I've been working on:

Finished this about a month or two ago, should really have posted it then...
Left it at the school for a while and it got a big scratch on it, which I wasn't too happy about, obviously. Fortunately I was able to fix it with a little paint. That's the nice thing about oil paint, you can paint over just about any mistake, blemish, or what have you.

For each project in portfolio class, we have to digitally alter or add text to the image. Here's the painting in the style of a book cover, with some digital color, which was tougher to do than I had expected, and some text. Don't Call Me Robbie is the title of the story my Dad is writing, and Craig F. Owen is my dad's name, as you can see. Yes, we have different last names, Mom's last name, Wunderlich, is my last name and Owen is my middle name, not hyphenated or any of that jazz.

The next project I did for Portfolio 1, in watercolor and ink with digitally added text (lorem ipsum, the universal filler text).

Here's what I'm currently working on for that same class, it's sort of a parody of the classic devil-girl pinups (which I'm definitely a fan of). I thought it would be funny to have a demoness that actually looks terrifying and demonic posing sexily.
Here's a close-up where you can see some of the details a little better, like her extra eyes, four horns, and weird bony growths, ot to mention her little t-rex arms. I'll probably be adding some more weird stuff like spots, scars and veins on her skin.
Painted in watercolor, I may be adding linework in ink eventually, but I like the way it looks without it so far. If I do go ahead with the ink, I'll definitely get a scan of it first. For the digital alteration, I'm thinking about making this one into a calendar page.
Close-up of the little imp guy being threatened by her tail. I've been drawing these guys for a while, my friend pointed out today that they're like the demonic equivalent of cherubs.

I also made a new sticker design and digitally colored it! Seems I have extra eyes on the brain...
I seem to do good work when I'm supposed to be working on other, more important things...

Alright, that's all for now, I've been doing a bunch of other stuff too, which I'll be sure to put up later. Got to get back into the habit of posting at least once a week.

Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Will you have outdone yourself with the book cover painting. Just think it is wonderful with the words from your dad and his name and your fabulous work. Oh my. Your mother is so proud. Now, about that scary she demon!

    ReplyDelete